New month, new blogging challenge. This one came from The Chronicles of a Non-Belly Mama, another 2-mom family blogger who I love following. My aim is to keep myself writing on a daily basis following the Writing 101 course, which I just wrapped up. And have some fun along the way.
Here’s the challenge:
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you’ve traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you’re afraid of
Day 11-Favorite TV shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you’re looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you’ve learned
Day 25-Favorite memory
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture
Day 1: So We Begin
Most of you have been reading my blog for a while, so you know a bit about me. I’m a mom, a librarian, a teacher, a wife…and an introvert. A lot of this is covered more eloquently in my about me section on the blog here. But to share some more detailed info (and cover the requirements for today’s prompt) here are my…
15 Interesting Facts
1. I’m Emma and I’m a thirtysomething. Make of that what you will.
2. My wife and I are an “old married couple” having been together since college.
3. I am the oldest of 3 siblings and I am totally the perfect stereotype of the oldest child.
4. I have a photographic memory and an uncanny ability to memorize song lyrics incredibly quickly–although I can’t actually carry a tune to save my life.
5. I work as a school librarian and absolutely love my job. It’s perfect for me and perfect for our family and it makes me so, so happy to get to talk to kids about books all day and get paid for it.
6. Although I never thought of myself as a cook, cooking runs in my family (on my dad’s side) and in the last year or so I’ve found I really enjoy it, and have been getting bolder with adapting and modifying recipes. Who knows, maybe someday I’ll get really confident and this blog will include a food blog component!
7. I have crazy long toes, which also are an inherited trait. Seriously, they’re freaky long. But I love them.
8. In the last couple months, I’ve become kind of addicted to blogging. I was a creative writing concentration in college and have really missed writing regularly since leaving academia. This blog and the blogging events I’ve been doing have been getting me back in a serious habit. It’s great.
9. I spent 9 years after college living and teaching in south Texas, and it holds a very special place in my heart. Even though I love our life back on the East Coast now, and I’m truly a Yankee girl, there’s a little bit of Texas in me that will never go away.
10. I’m a book nerd, if you haven’t picked up on that already.
11. I have a major sweet tooth that gets me into trouble, food-wise.
12. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Yes, because I love to eat, but more because I love getting together with all my family and being loud and laughing and drinking lots of wine.
13. I had a long obsession with Beauty and the Beast as a teenager, but am dreading the live-action movie and the buzz around it. I much prefer the novel Beauty by Robin McKinley, which is my favorite book ever. I can recite the first page and a half from memory.
14. I enjoy an odd assortment of TV shows: Bones, American Ninja Warrior and just about anything on the Food Network. And I have a small Netflix addiction.
15. Two things I will NEVER do: ride a motorcycle, get a tattoo.